If you have a traffic ticket, we have a solution.
At Martine Law, our traffic lawyers can help you get out of your ticket and back on the road in no time.
We know what it’s like to get a traffic ticket. It can feel like the end of the world. You’re a human being which means you’re prone to mistakes, but that doesn’t give the legal system the right to treat you like a common criminal.
But don’t worry; we’ve got your back. One consultation with our team, and you can put your worries to bed while we take care of your tickets for you.
Call a Minneapolis traffic lawyer to start fighting your ticket today.
Why You Should Never Just Pay Your Tickets
It can be tempting to just pay a traffic ticket and go on about your life, but you should consider the implications.
Here are some reasons you should think twice before paying your traffic tickets:
- You’re admitting guilt. Paying a traffic ticket is an admission of guilt and could be used against you in court if the ticket is contested.
- You could lose your license. Pleading guilty and paying a traffic ticket usually results in traffic violations being added to your driving record. You could face a license suspension or revocation depending on the number of violations.
- You may end up with a criminal record. Paying a traffic ticket may result in a criminal record, affecting your ability to get jobs, rent an apartment, and even obtain certain types of loans.
- Your insurance premiums may increase. Insurance companies use traffic ticket convictions to determine your risk profile, which can lead to higher premiums.
- You could end up with jail time. Depending on the severity of the offense, you may be sentenced to jail time.
It is always best to speak to a qualified defense attorney before deciding whether or not to pay a traffic ticket. An attorney can help you understand the consequences of your decision and advise you on the best course of action.
Minneapolis, MN Traffic Ticket Penalties
Minnesota takes traffic laws very seriously, and so do we. One ticket could result in hundreds of dollars in fines and even possible jail time. When you’re fighting a ticket, knowing what you’re up against is important.
Here are a few penalties you could face.
Minnesota traffic violations can result in hefty fines depending on the offense. According to the City of Minneapolis, the standard fines for various violations range from $20 to $200, not including the automatic surcharge of $85. Additionally, serious offenses such as Driving Under the Influence (DUI) can result in fines of up to $20,000.
Traffic Ticket Enhancements
In Minnesota, traffic tickets are typically classified as petty misdemeanors, meaning that you typically don’t need to go to court to handle them.
However, if a police officer deems that a violation endangers or is likely to endanger any person or property, the ticket is then classified as a misdemeanor crime, and you’ll have to go to court. Misdemeanor convictions can result in criminal penalties of up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine of $1,000.00.
Commercial Traffic Tickets
Commercial vehicle drivers can be ticketed for a variety of offenses, like:
- Speeding more than 15 mph over the limit
- Changing lanes improperly or erratically
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Carrying an unsafe or overweight load
- Driving without a commercial driver’s license (CDL), or
- Operating a commercial vehicle without the proper endorsements.
On top of that, if you’re driving your private vehicle and get a ticket, it will still show up on your CDL.
How a Traffic Ticket Lawyer Helps You
A traffic ticket lawyer can help you handle all issues related to traffic tickets and violations.
- Negotiate with the court on your behalf to reduce or eliminate fines and other penalties
- Challenge the validity of the ticket or other charges
- Help you understand applicable laws
- Show up to court, so you don’t have to
- Provide advice on how best to proceed with your case
- Help you understand the consequences of pleading guilty or not guilty
- Explain the process for appealing a conviction or sentence
- Inform you of all available options in your case
We Handle All Types of Traffic Tickets in Minneapolis
There are countless types of traffic tickets you can receive in Minnesota. Luckily for you, our traffic ticket lawyers defend them all.
Here are a few traffic ticket types we see and can help with in Minneapolis:
- Texting while driving
- Speeding over 100 mph
- Traffic violation penalties
- Careless driving
- Teen driving citations
- Reckless driving
- Driving without insurance
- Open container law
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless driving
- Ignoring an extended school bus arm
- Failing to pay a ticket
- Failing to appear in court
- Driving without proof of insurance
- Outstanding traffic warrants
- Driving after suspension
- Driving after revocation
- Driving after cancellation
No matter what kind of traffic ticket you’re facing, we can help you. Have a suspended license? We can help you get a limited driver’s license so you can get back to business as usual.
Call Martine Law to Beat Your Ticket Today
At Martine Law, we make beating traffic tickets look easy.
Why pay a traffic ticket if you don’t have to? Why show up to court if you don’t need to? Let us take care of it for you.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a traffic-related offense, don’t wait to get the help you need. Our team of experienced traffic lawyers is here to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact a traffic ticket attorney today for a consultation, and let us help you get the legal representation you deserve.